Penn State College of Medicine’s Supply Center offers a reagent stock program.
Internal investigators have access to frequently-used items in an on-site supply center, and other materials can be special-ordered by the Supply Center team weekly.
Location: Room C1735, Penn State College of Medicine
Hours: Adjusted due to COVID-19 (see details here)
Jump to topic
Supply Center Details
- Special orders are placed on Mondays. Email Suja Maddukuri at email@example.com and Kelly Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org with the PI name, vendor name, catalog number and quantity. Emails must be received by 10 a.m. Monday to be included in that week’s order. Requests received after that time will be ordered the following week. As always, investigators should plan ahead for lab supplies.
- Returns of stocked items must be made no later than one week from the date of pickup. The Supply Center will not accept any items that have been opened or written on.
- Genome Sciences 384-well plates and covers for qPCR may also be purchased through the Supply Center. Cost is $5 for plate and film.
- Free expired products are available at no cost. See Seth Glass in Room C1742 or email email@example.com for info on where these items can be found.
- Recycle clean, empty tip boxes from any vendor at the supply room. Recycling box is inside Room C1735. Do not leave tip boxes or any containers filled with tip boxes on the floor. If the recycling box is full, ask for another.
- New labs should contact Seth Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the inventory management system.
Products are available from the following vendors. Special orders can be made for any product not included in stocked inventory. Click the + next to each vendor to see representative contact information.
Products may also be special-ordered from these vendors (no items in stock):
The following products are regularly stocked in the Supply Center. You can search or sort the list by product title, vendor and catalog number.
Contact technical support for the specific vendor first. They will be able to assist you with a replacement or let you know if there have been similar problems with the product.
If a purchase order number is needed or if the replacement is being sent to the supply room, call the Supply Center at 717-531-0003, ext. 285219.