The Pathology Core Reference Laboratory is a CLIA-certified, fully accredited reference laboratory that specializes in the quantitative analysis of hormones, hormone receptors, cytokines and growth factors in blood, urine, tissues and culture medium from both human subjects and experimental animals. The lab performs these tests for both diagnostic and investigative research purposes for Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (a busy clinical endocrinology practice) and a number of community hospitals, and contracts its services for specialized testing to numerous university medical centers, institutes and pharmaceutical houses.
A full staff of board certified clinical endocrinologists and clinical scientists are available for consultation and interpretation of test results. Our staff is experienced in customizing its support for testing ranging from the small research project of an individual investigator to the Phase I, II and III clinical drug trials for pharmaceutical companies.
Learn More About the Laboratory
Test prices for the Pathology Core Reference Laboratory are competitive with most major commercial laboratories.
For details about assays, sample collection, sample shipment and assay schedule, please call the Pathology Core Reference Laboratory at 717-531-8317.
Some additional resources on endocrine testing include:
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
- American Diabetes Association
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Endocrinology.com (public site for information about the clinical and academic field of endocrinology)
- The Endocrine Society (devoted to the research, study and clinical practice of endocrinology)
To learn more about the Pathology Core Reference Laboratory, call 717-531-8317.