SIG Medical Inc.
Principal Investigator(s) and Department
- Rib fixation in trauma patients is an important stabilization need but current approaches are invasive.
- Rib fractures are generally left untreated but populations at risk can experience significant health challenges.
- Provide a novel device, instrument set and technique to allow for a minimally-invasive approach to rib fixation.
- Device is 510(k) cleared by the FDA.
- First patient use April 2017.
- Additional clinical and economic studies planned to increase utilization.