- Trauma – Medical Device
Principal Investigator(s) and Department
- S. William Hazard, MD – Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
- Annual costs from traumatic brain injury in the United States and European Union exceed $120 billion.
- TBI is the most common cause of permanent disability in people younger than 40.
- Raised intracranial pressure (ICP) is the main cause of death in 20 percent of all TBI patients.
False passes can result in:
- Motor and/or sensory deficits
- Additional brain damage
- Intracranial hemorrhage
- Loss of consciousness
- OnePass EVD (external ventricular drain) incorporates imaging technology to enable superior accuracy of EVD placement.