The dedicated anesthesia clinical research team offers our patients the opportunity to participate in clinical trials within the fields of anesthesiology, perioperative medicine, critical care and pain management. The research team is directed by Sonia Vaida, MD.
View active anesthesiology clinical trials in StudyFinder, our searchable database of clinical research taking place at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
Topics being studied include:
- Perioperative genomics
- Prevention of acute renal failure
- Post-operative pain management
- Airway management
- Chronic pain
- Evaluation of new airway management techniques and devices
- Obstetric anesthesia
- Use of music for stress reduction to complement anesthesia
- Pediatric pain detection and management
- Thrombectomy, brain ischemia and stroke
- Pharmacogenomics, opioids, perioperative genomics and pediatrics
- Nerve block, erector spinae plane block, local anesthetic and pharmacokinetics
- Laparoscopic surgery, airway management and emergence in anesthesia
- Liposomal bupivacaine, pain management, thoracoscopy and pharmacokinetics
- COVID-19, simulation laboratory
- COVID-19, pregnancy, anesthesia and infection
- Low back pain, sacroiliitis, chronic pain and pregnancy
These are just some of the research opportunities in adult and pediatric anesthesiology and perioperative medicine.
Learn More About Clinical Research
- Read our clinical research FAQs
- Become a healthy volunteer
- See latest Penn State Health and Penn State College of Medicine clinical research news
For details about our current research studies and our registries, please contact the Research Core Group by email at ANES_ResearchCoreGroup@pennstatehealth.psu.edu.