The dedicated anesthesia clinical research team offers our patients the opportunity to participate in clinical trials within the fields of anesthesiology, perioperative medicine, critical care and pain management. The research team is directed by Sonia Vaida, MD.
View active anesthesiology clinical trials in StudyFinder, our searchable database of clinical research taking place at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
Topics being studied include:
- Post-operative nausea and vomiting
- Perioperative genomics
- Prevention of acute renal failure
- Post-operative pain management
- Airway management
- Chronic pain
- Evaluation of new airway management techniques and devices
- Obstetric anesthesia
- Sleep apnea and anesthesia
- Use of music for stress reduction to complement anesthesia
- Pediatric pain detection and management
These are just some of the research opportunities in adult and pediatric anesthesiology and perioperative medicine.
Learn More About Clinical Research
- Read our clinical research FAQs
- Become a healthy volunteer
- See latest Penn State Health and Penn State College of Medicine clinical research news