Penn State Health Clinical Nutrition is focused on educating people on healthy lifestyles, helping them manage chronic illness, and minimizing the impact of nutrition factors that might prolong a hospital stay. We also conduct nutrition research and educate the next generation of health professionals.
Learn More About Nutrition
Areas of interest in nutrition research have included:
- Resting metabolic rate in critical- and acute-care patients and hemodialysis patients (equation development and validation)
- Validation of Quark RMR indirect calorimeter
- Correlation of a dead space ventilation equation with clinical outcomes in critical care
- Follow-up validation of a hand-held calorimeter (simultaneous measurements)
- Spontaneous breathing during airway pressure release ventilation
- Role of nutrition and other factors of the Braden score to predict pressure ulcer risk
David Frankenfield, MS, RD, is Manager of Clinical Nutrition.
Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To speak to someone about nutrition research, please email David Frankenfield at email@example.com.