Faculty in the Penn State Health Division of Nephrology are internationally recognized for their laboratory and clinical research into the causes and treatments of kidney disease.
Learn More About Nephrology
The Division has many active research projects. Current topics of interest include:
- Inflammation and diabetic nephropathy
- Natural history of acute kidney injury
- Peer-led mentoring program for patients with chronic kidney disease and their caregivers
- Geographic disparities in kidney disease management
- Tissue plasminogen activator in renal fibrosis
- Genetics in acute kidney injury
Nasrollah Ghahramani, MD, MS, FACP, is Interim Chief of the Division of Nephrology.
To speak to someone about nephrology research, please call 717-531-8885.