Clinical trials are research studies. We offer our patients the opportunity to participate in clinical trials of new, investigational drug therapies for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
View active IBD clinical trials in StudyFinder, our searchable database of clinical research taking place at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
Topics being studied include:
- The effects of obesity on operative outcomes in IBD
- Quality improvement in pediatric IBD
- Vaccination status in IBD patients taking anti-TNF treatment
- Quality of life and smoking after ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Efficacy of methotrexate in inducing and maintaining steroid-free remission in ulcerative colitis
- A comparison of drugs to explore potential prevention of recurrent Crohn’s disease following ileocolectomy
The Colon and Rectal Surgery Division’s research laboratory group is also actively investigating IBD through two registry/biobank studies, one for adults and one for pediatric patients.
Learn More About Clinical Research
- Read our clinical research FAQs
- Become a healthy volunteer
- See latest Penn State Health and Penn State College of Medicine clinical research news