Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s dermatology department is dedicated to expanding our knowledge about many dermatological conditions by doing research in the laboratory, as well as in the clinic.
Learn More About Dermatology
Be a nationally recognized leader in research by:
- Growing our clinical research
- Recruiting physician researchers to advance our knowledge of skin disease and treatment
- Increasing our dermatology research endowment funds in order to support our research mission
- Expanding collaborative research with investigators at Penn State’s main campus in University Park
- Developing research initiatives on quality of healthcare delivery in dermatology
Key topics of interest in dermatology include:
- Acne: Researchers are evaluating an investigational topical solution (Botox) versus placebo when applied to the forehead to treat acne.
- Lupus: Researchers are studying the effectiveness of an experimental medication for discoid lupus erythematosus and subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus, two conditions that involve lesions.
- Psoriasis: Researchers are studying effective treatment for chronic plaque psoriasis.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: Researchers are studying effective treatments for hidradenitis suppurativa.
Diane M. Thiboutot, MD, is Vice Chair for Research in the Department of Dermatology.
Upcoming continuing education events in dermatology, if available, are listed below.
Our department is very proud of our research endeavors. If you would like to have more information about our research programs, funding or volunteering for a study, please contact clinical trials coordinator Amy Longenecker, RN, CCRC, at 717-531-5136 or email@example.com.