The background image is Conceptual illustration of the coronavirus as if it were observed from a microscope.
Information for researchers and research support personnel
Penn State College of Medicine’s research enterprise is committed to the health and safety of its faculty, staff and learners. The following guidance is designed for College of Medicine employees engaged in the research mission, either working on site in Hershey or remotely.
- Follow all general safety guidance
- Post occupancy of any room or lab in use. The physical distancing requirement for research laboratories is 100 square feet per person. For example, a 600-square-foot laboratory could have a maximum of 6 people in the lab at the same time.
- Self-screening: All employees and students must complete the online check-in process at med.psu.edu/checkin. Please be honest in self-attesting that you do not have COVID-19 symptoms. Please complete this check-in prior to entering the building.
- Be familiar with safe rampdown plan should it need to be implemented
- Lab cleaning guidance
- SOP for shared facilities
- For supervisors: COVID-19 assessment/reporting guide
- Vendor visitation guidance (includes policy and required online pre-screening questionnaire)
- Tip sheet: Research labs and potential COVID-19 impacts
- Tip sheet: Rapid lab shutdown and decon SOP
- Requirements before work with COVID-19 human materials
- More Biosafety resources