The background image is A group of people taking a yoga class outdoors; they have their arms stretched out to their sides.
Adults across central PA can participate in Penn State College of Medicine research right from home
Jonathan Hakun and his team at Penn State College of Medicine want to learn more about the factors that influence our participation in healthy behaviors throughout our daily lives. No in-person visits are required.
Compensation is provided.
Who can join?
- Adults ages 18 and older
- Fluent in English
- Able to use a smartphone
- Reliable Wi-Fi or cell phone service
- Able to walk unassisted for more than five minutes
- Able to climb one flight of stairs unassisted
Additional criteria may apply.
What participants will do
If you are eligible, you will be asked to participate in the following activities at home for 14 days:
- Wear three activity monitors provided by the study team that will track physical activity.
- Use a smartphone provided by the study team. You will use this smartphone to answer surveys and play brain games.
The study team will also ask you if you are interested in completing a one-hour noninvasive magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pa. This scan is optional. You can participate in the activities above without visiting Hershey Medical Center.
The background image is An older couple behind a counter look at each other and smile while the man holds the top on a blender making a smoothie; fruits and vegetables are on the counter.